Flyby’s Guide to Spring in Boston

By Courtesy of GIPHY

Spring has arrived in Boston! For almost all of us, this is the first time we can explore t he city during this season because let’s be honest, we have been postponing outings for years. Here are Flyby’s fun suggestions to escape the Harvard bubble.

Lunch on the Boston Common

With the sun shining brighter and the temperatures getting warmer, why not have a picnic in the oldest city park in the United States? You can bring your own food or purchase from one of the many food stands in the park. With the beautiful Massachusetts State House building shining in the background and families with children strolling around, you’re bound to feel relaxed and re-energized to get through these last few weeks of the semester.

Attend an Outdoor Concert

Now that you can stand outside for more than ten minutes without freezing your tail off, enjoy some live music at an outdoor concert. From the Cambridge Symphony Orchestra to a Coffeehouse Concert with Thea Hopkins, this wide variety of options means that you can probably find at least one event that floats your boat. Many of these performances are free, and others start as low as $5.

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

In Boston, April means the start of the Red Sox season. Grab a buddy or two and spend some quality time together at one of the most iconic landmarks of the city. Even if you couldn’t explain how baseball works if your life depended on it (do they score touchdowns?), at least this is an opportunity to look #cuteandsporty in a red jersey.

Shop around Faneuil Hall Marketplace

With a plethora of food options inside Quincy Market, street performers outside, and souvenir vendors along the perimeter, Faneuil Hall Marketplace is a calming place to spend a clear spring day. It is ideal for both hanging out with a friend or people-watching by yourself. The marketplace is also within walking distance from other iconic locations such as the New England Aquarium, Paul Revere House, and Old State House.

Harborwalk

Explore the beautiful Seaport District by walking along the gorgeous Boston Harborwalk. Since the trail is 43-miles long, you could even walk to the John F. Kennedy Museum and Southern Dorchester. Don’t forget to bring a jacket in case it gets colder!

Make the most of the remaining few weeks and get to know the iconic city of Boston. It’s the second to last month of the school year, so it’s about time that you leave the bubble!

FeaturesFlyby BlogFeatures and Series