Harvard Today: November 21, 2014

•
By Christine E Mansour

Good morning, Harvard! Harvard-Yale weekend is finally here! By the time you are reading this, the ESPN College GameDay crew will be here across the river! For those of you who are unaware of what exactly this is, GameDay is a pre-game special that highlights an important college game every week. This week, they’re covering The Game (shocker: people care about our sports now???)! GameDay is known for having animated fans holding up crazy signs, so bring out your signs and make sure to show school spirit in front of Dillon Fieldhouse! You will also have you 15 seconds of fame-- over two million viewers will be tuning in!

For those of you who aren’t aware of anything about Game Day other than the fact that you’re going to get really drunk, here’s a quick rundown of what’s happening:

Harvard-Yale Breakfast: Pancake breakfast in every house from 8 to 9:30 a.m.! And if you can’t rally that early, there’s still continental breakfast from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.

Student Tailgate: At the Beren Tennis Center courts from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. hosted by Harvard College HoCos, First Year Social Committee, and Yale Colleges. Tailgate map here!

Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m.! Enjoy the game!

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It is going to be a beautiful day! There will be sunny skies all day, but it will chilly with a high of 34 degrees and a low of 23. If you were planning to paint your chest for College GameDay to see, you might want to rethink that plan. You can still paint your faces though!

IN THE D-HALL
Lunch
Herb Crusted Pollack
Roast Beef Panini
Seitan Tostadas

Dinner
Hoisin Glazed Salmon
Pork Dumplings
Tofu Vegetable Lo Mein

ON FLYBY
1) ‘Yale’ Students Protest Yale Athletics: Yes, Sam Clark and On Harvard Time are at it again. Yes, it makes a mockery of Yalies. Yes, it’s definitely worth your time watching.

2) The Lazy Student’s Guide to Food Delivery: “No delivery fee” has got to be everyone’s favorite phrase.

IN THE NEWS
1) Nasrollahzadeh-Goyal Win ‘Monumentally Close’ Election: “Ava Nasrollahzadeh ’16  and Dhruv P. Goyal ’16 have defeated three other tickets to win the Undergraduate Council presidential election in one of the closest finishes in several years. Of the 3,348 total votes cast in the election—up 5 percent from last year’s tally—946 undergraduates cast first place votes for Nasrollahzadeh and Goyal, only 41 more votes than second place finishing ticket Happy Yang ’16 and Faith A. Jackson ’16.”

EVENTS
The Harvard Glee Club is continuing the 115-year-old tradition of having a Harvard-Yale Football Concert tonight at 8 p.m. in Sanders Theater! Tickets are $10 for students and seniors and $20 at full price, and you can get them at the box office!

The College Events Board is having their (Pre)Game tonight from 9:30 to 11 p.m. in Tercentenary Theatre! There will be a photo booth, cool student performances, free food, and giveaways! Get HYped!

Jam along to songs by Yale’s Matt Jaffe and the Young Republicans, and Harvard’s Cantab Cowboys at the Pre-Game Bash from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. in Queen’s Head Pub tonight! Drinks will be available to those 21 and older.

If you love improv and comedy, then be sure to see IGP's Harvard-Yale Show at 8 p.m. tonight in Fong Auditorium. Three Letter Acronym is also performing tonight at 9 p.m. in Science Center D.

The Krokodiloes will be hosting Kroks, Whims & Whiffenpoofs, a fun post-game a cappella concert Saturday at 8 p.m. in Memorial Church. Tickets will be sold at the Harvard box office. They will be $10 for students with ID and $15 at full price.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Harvard, teaming with ESPN's College GameDay, prepares for the famous college football show featuring host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, and David Pollack.  The show will air on ESPN on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., up until the kickoff of The Game versus Yale.  This is GameDay's first appearance at Harvard.

On CampusStudent LifeHarvard Today