Faculty of Arts and Sciences Lacks Confidence in Harvard’s Governing Boards, Per Survey

Jeremy Weinstein Will Serve as Next Harvard Kennedy School Dean, Garber Confirms

More Than 30 Students to Appear Before Harvard College Ad Board for Pro-Palestine Yard Encampment

As Students Occupy Harvard Yard, Faculty Urge Against Police Response

After Delay, Hasty Pudding to Hold Annual Woman of the Year Parade in Harvard Yard

The Hasty Pudding Theatricals will host its annual Woman of the Year parade on Tuesday in Harvard Yard, after a scheduling
The Hasty Pudding Theatricals will host its annual Woman of the Year parade on Tuesday in Harvard Yard, after a scheduling By Sara Komatsu
By Madeleine A. Hung, Crimson Staff Writer

The Hasty Pudding Theatricals will host its annual Woman of the Year parade on Tuesday after a scheduling conflict delayed the original parade and raised concerns it would be canceled altogether.

The parade will honor Annette Bening as the 74th Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year.

But while past Woman of the Year parades were held in Harvard Square, this year’s parade will take place at 3:45pm in Harvard Yard. The festivities on Tuesday will also include a performance by the Blue Man Group and an appearance by Chelsea A. Vuong ’21, the 2023 Miss Massachusetts.

The Woman of the Year parade was scheduled to take place on Jan. 26, but the Hasty Pudding postponed the original celebration after a “scheduling conflict” with the honoree. Maya Rudolph, a former cast member on “Saturday Night Live, was originally named the group’s 74th Woman of the Year, before she backed out of the honor last month.

Bening earned her fifth Oscar nomination after starring in the 2023 Netflix film “Nyad,” and she also appeared in 2022’s “Death on the Nile” and the 2019 film “Captain Marvel.” She has also been nominated for two Tony awards and won two Golden Globe awards.

The Hasty Pudding Theatricals is composed entirely of Harvard undergraduate students and is one of the oldest theatrical groups in the world, according to their website. The group organizes an annual Woman of the Year and Man of the Year celebration in addition to a student run musical. This year’s production, “Heist, Heist, Baby” premiered on Feb. 2.

Irish actor Barry Keoghan was honored as the Hasty Pudding’s 2024 Man of the Year on Friday.

—Staff writer Madeleine A. Hung can be reached at madeleine.hung@thecrimson.com.

CollegeStudent GroupsStudent LifeHasty Pudding TheatricalsFeatured Articles