Ahead of Demolition, One Last Hurrah for the Harvard Square Pit at Pit-A-Palooza

As Bacow Prepares to Exit, 41 Percent of Surveyed Harvard Faculty Say They are Satisfied with His Performance

One Third of Surveyed Harvard Faculty Believe A Colleague in Their Department Was Unjustly Denied Tenure

Harvard Asks Judge to Dismiss Comaroff Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

Harvard Holds Human Remains of 19 Likely Enslaved Individuals, Thousands of Native Americans, Draft Report Says

UC Votes to Conduct Survey on Spring Semester, Release Fitness and Recreation Guide

A virtual Undergraduate Council meeting in March 2020. The Council has met online since Harvard de-densified its campus due to the pandemic last spring.
A virtual Undergraduate Council meeting in March 2020. The Council has met online since Harvard de-densified its campus due to the pandemic last spring. By Ryan N. Gajarawala
By Mayesha R. Soshi and Lucas J. Walsh, Crimson Staff Writers

The Undergraduate Council voted Sunday to conduct a student experience survey for the spring 2021 semester and release a fitness and recreation resource guide.

Sponsored by a spate of Council representatives across Adams, Cabot, Quincy, Currier, and Kirkland Houses, the legislation would allow the Council to create and disseminate a student experience survey to gauge satisfaction with the spring 2021 semester and signal their preferences for the fall 2021 semester.

“The Undergraduate Council can influence the Administration’s plans if it speaks out before the plan is released,” the legislation reads.

The legislation explains the Council’s influence upon the administration’s plans for each semester, citing the Council’s influence on the spring 2021 plans.

“The Undergraduate Council has already influenced the Administration’s Spring 2021 reopening plan in many ways, such as by convincing the Administration to allow students to have a guest in their rooms and to extend the optional pass/fail deadline to the 11th Monday,” the legislation reads.

The vote to release the survey was 36-0-7. The UC will open the survey on Wednesday, March 17, and accept responses from students for one week.

The second piece of legislation would allow the Council to publish a fitness and recreation resource guide to respond to the increased demand for physical health resources during the pandemic.

The guide will inform students of virtual fitness classes and other special workshops and encourage students to utilize these services.

Sponsored by President Noah Harris ’22 and Vice President Jenny Y. Gan ’22, the legislation was passed by a motion of unanimous consent.

—Staff writer Mayesha R. Soshi can be reached at mayesha.soshi@thecrimson.com.

—Staff writer Lucas J. Walsh can be reached at lucas.walsh@thecrimson.com.

Undergraduate CouncilStudent GroupsCollege Life