Crimson staff writer

Eliel Ig-Izevbekhai

Latest Content

Resurfacing: Male Comeback Athlete of the Year

Co-captain Harrison Tafur separated his AC joint during the summer prior to his final season. The senior rehabilitated himself, assumed a leadership role, and helped lead men's water polo to a quarterfinal appearance in the NCAA tournament.

Men's Volleyball Overcomes Penn State in Five Sets, Advances to EIVA Tournament Final

Harvard and Penn State entered their matchup on Thursday with a spot in the EIVA tournament final on the line. In a back and forth affair, the Crimson alternated winning sets with the Nittany Lions, winning the first and third before ultimately taking the deciding fifth set, 15-11, to secure the victory.

Men's Volleyball Picks Up Two Crucial Conference Wins

The Crimson extended its winning streak to six games after securing a narrow victory over conference rival Princeton on Friday night and then a dominant win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday afternoon.

Golden State Mentality

The team is lined from top to bottom with Californians, 11 in fact. Meanwhile Yale and Princeton both claim only two players from the Golden State. The Crimson has built this this new-look baseball team on the grounds of ambitious recruiting, a newfound chemistry, and the adoption of new playing styles.

Baseball Returns to Northeast for Start of Ivy Play

From New Mexico to Alabama and South Carolina, the Harvard baseball team has played seemingly everywhere besides its home turf, O’Donnell field. However, with Ivy league play on deck for the team, long flights and unfamiliar teams will be replaced with games in the cold northeastern spring against familiar foes.

Wrestler Josef Johnson Ends Distinguished Career at NCAA Championships

While this weekend marked the official end of the wrestling season with the NCAA championships last weekend, it also marked the end of a distinguished career for one of Harvard’s very own, Josef Johnson.

Jaylen Brown, Intellectual and Friend of Harvard Basketball

Whether it was his educational experience at Cal, the stratified educational system of the United States, or his growing relationship with Harvard University, Brown stressed the importance of quality education in his talk at HGSE.