Crimson staff writer

Anita J Joseph

Latest Content

EdX and Justifying Our Privilege

The biggest value of a Harvard degree is not the pedagogical experience itself, although I think that if you take a wide variety of courses and stray out of your comfort zone this place will make you a lot smarter. The value of a Harvard degree is that that it means you got into Harvard.

15 Hottest Freshmen: Where Are They Now?

Three years ago, we selected the hottest freshmen of the Class of 2012. Now, at the end of our time at Harvard, we caught up with the hottest 15 to see how their hot status has affected their lives.

The Tantrum Over Engineering

If faculty members were truly worried about students bearing an overly heavy course load, they would have made a fuss about it during the five years that engineering sciences itself has been a concentration.

Race on the Stage

Although theatre is universally meaningful, this skewed makeup of the performing corps makes it seem less so.

Mourning the Core

Methodology and discipline, not subject, should be the priority when forming a cross-college curriculum.

Take Back the Debate

In order to tackle this issue, a majority of undergraduates themselves have to join the cause. It is in the arena of small actions that we can take the most meaningful steps toward combating sexual violence.

Crimson and Green

Students crave Wall Street’s money because they want to retain the place in America’s upper class that they secured with a Harvard admission.

Why Didn't We Occupy Harvard?

Nothing draws Harvard students like the smell of success, yet no one wanted to touch this national media darling. This school has entire courses devoted to social movements and even a strong social justice organization in the First-Year Urban Program. Yet the most relevant and important cause in a generation was met with widespread scorn.