Year in Photos

In Photos: March 10, Then and Now

Video: One Year Later, Harvard Students Reflect on March 2020 Move-Out and Covid-19 Pandemic

One year ago on March 10, 2020, Harvard students received notice they would have to vacate campus as the threat of Covid-19 grew. One year later, we spoke with some of these students to hear their reflections and stories about that week of move-out, the pandemic, and now.

Video: One Year Later, Harvard Student-Athletes Reflect on Lack of Ivy League Competition Since Last March

March 10, 2021 marks one year since Harvard students received the news they would have to vacate campus. The Crimson sat down and spoke with three student-athletes to hear their reflections on the past year.

The Photos That Captured 2020

As 2020 comes to a close, The Crimson's Multimedia Editors are looking back at some of the big events that our photojournalists covered this year. While this year was untraditional in many ways, our photojournalists managed to capture many of the defining moments across Harvard’s campus.

In Photos: Austin, TX in April

On March 24, 2020, Austin issued its first of a series of “Stay Home, Work Safe” orders, including social distancing and face-covering requirements. On March 30, Texas Governor Greg W. Abbott issued a de facto state-wide stay-at-home order, instructing residents to minimize social gatherings, practice social distancing, and limit non-essential activities. On May 1, Texas became one of the first states to relax its statewide coronavirus restrictions, allowing some businesses, including restaurants and retail stores, to reopen to 25 percent capacity. Photojournalist Jenny M. Lu visited several spots in Austin in the week leading up to Texas’ reopening.

Video: Can Harvard + Yale Students Fall in Love Via Zoom? Inspired by "36 Questions That Lead to Love"

This Valentine's Day The Harvard Crimson teamed up with Yale Daily News's YTV to pair up 13 students from their respective schools for blind Zoom dates to see if they could overcome a centuries-old rivalry—using our set of questions inspired by the New York Times's "36 Questions That Lead to Love."