Easy (And Good!) Meal Ideas for Those Back to Back Zoom Classes

•
By Courtesy of ABC

Do you have back to back Zoom classes? Do you find yourself barely having time between your classes to make a meal? Are your meals constantly looking like this?:

Ah, quick & easy ramen – while we love you and your convenience, sometimes we need a taste of something new!
Ah, quick & easy ramen – while we love you and your convenience, sometimes we need a taste of something new! By Christina J. Zhao

Then you’ve come to the right place. While balancing a college schedule can be difficult, there is no reason to skip meals. We at Flyby have compiled our go-to list of quick and easy meals you can make to power you through a day on Zoom!

Sandwich

Ah, the classic and reliable option. Get your two pieces of bread (white, whole wheat, whatever. But we recommend a nice sourdough to really elevate your experience), some sort of spread, protein, and veggies for the health factor. Slap them together and boom, lunch is done. Sandwiches get bonus points because you can easily chow down on them during your boring Zoom lectures!

Pasta

Carbs carbs carbs. Pasta is relatively easy and painless to make. Get yourself whatever pasta shape you prefer (rotini is a favorite at Flyby) and boil until al dente. Then, get some sort of pasta sauce and dump that on. For extra nutrition, toss in spinach or an alternative source of protein. Disclaimer: this recipe might not be Italian-approved, but it’s still pretty darn tasty.

Frozen Meals

Yes, unfortunately, as busy college students, we do have to resort to eating frozen meals. BUT, Trader Joe’s frozen meals almost never disappoint and can be relatively healthy! We love the Trader Joe’s Gyoza — the fillings range from chicken to salmon to pork to shrimp to veggies. The easiest way to make them is to throw them in a pan with some oil and in a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious lunch! Pair with sriracha for extra flavor.

Oatmeal

Not only is oatmeal nutritious and filling, it can also be made in a microwave in less than 5 minutes! You can customize it and add whatever toppings your heart desires. We recommend banana slices, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. If you’re extra like we are, you can make it ~aesthetic~. Mmmmm.

With just oatmeal, a bit of fruit, and some sweet toppings, you can bring your between Zoom meals from bleh to bon appetit :)
With just oatmeal, a bit of fruit, and some sweet toppings, you can bring your between Zoom meals from bleh to bon appetit :) By Christina J. Zhao

Hopefully, these quick meals will give you inspiration for your next lunch and prevent you from starving between your Zoom lectures! Give them a try and let us know how they taste.

Flyby BlogFlyby FrontHow to Harvard

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.