How To: Eat When Your G-Cal Doesn’t Have Space for Meals

By Courtesy of Google Images

It’s the time of year where there’s more ~color~ everywhere—in the trees, in our lives, and most importantly, in our Google Calendars. And with the Add/Drop deadline behind us, those long days without lunch breaks are now officially here to stay. But never fear: Flyby is here to teach you how to get those carbs (and veggies) in, even in the busiest of weeks.

Drop by FlyBy (Not to be confused with Flyby Blog!)

For the chronic overschedulers, drop by FlyBy (or Baby Berg for freshmen) before or in between back-to-back classes! The line winding through Annenberg basement or the SEAS building may seem daunting at first, but trust us — once you leave with three packets of Oreos to stuff in your face during the CS50 break, you’ll realize that it was all worth it. Plus, the sandwiches and wraps are great for sneaking in bites under your mask on your way to class.

HUDS Take out

If you feel like you don’t have enough hours in the day for all the midterm studying you have to do, take HUDS back to your room! Picture this: you’re eating a lukewarm blend of what appears to be baked beans, Red’s Best Fresh Catch, and salad out of a plastic box as you cry over your never-ending task list. Add fairy lights twinkling in the background and you’ve got a scene that speaks to the heart of mid-October college life. And even if you end up spending the next hour rewatching The Office instead of catching up on your GenEd readings, it’s the thought that counts, right?

Really maximize on those to-go containers.

This is on here twice for a reason. Sure, after your fifth plastic-box request of the day, the HUDS staff may start to know you by name and walk the other way when they see you coming. Still, just keep reminding yourself that there is no limit to what these boxes can store. Pro-tip: To-go containers don’t have to just be for storing a typical meal. Take an extra to fill up with brownies and cookies for your room, and you’ll be the favorite suitemate by the time the midnight sugar cravings roll around.

If all else fails, load up on snacks.

CVS wasn’t playing when they opened a store right in the middle of Harvard Square. Stock up on all your favorite foods (and empty your wallet) to satisfy any late night craving you may have. But a word of caution: after you’ve made instant mac & cheese once, it might be hard to stop.

Whatever the method, please remember to make time to eat, sleep, and take yourself. Fueling your body is important, and even if it doesn’t feel like it, your four unfinished psets can wait just a little bit more.

Flyby BlogFlyby FrontHow to Harvard