Three Things to Help You Get Over Yale's Win

•
Andie Turner '20 reacts to Yale taking the lead towards the end of Saturday's game.
Andie Turner '20 reacts to Yale taking the lead towards the end of Saturday's game. By Megan M. Ross

It finally happened. Yale pulled a win out of nowhere today, upsetting a long-standing tradition of Harvard winning. But don’t fret. 2016 might be shaping up to be the worst year in living history, but Flyby has you covered with a few things that’ll help you get through these troubling times:

Just remember that it took them almost 10 years

Yale’s victory is a long-time coming. We’ve beaten them nine years in a row, and often with some pretty wide margins of victory. Miracles are bound to happen sometimes, right? Let’s just chalk this one up to an aberration in time and look to next year, when we’ll most likely wipe the floor with them... again

The Party’s still going

The game isn’t even the best part of Harvard-Yale weekend. Everyone knows that most Harvard students couldn’t care less about football. The thrill of the weekend comes from all of the after parties, and the fact that you still have a few more hours left to get wilder than you’ll probably get for the rest of the semester should be helpful in dissipating that post-game sadness.

Go See Harry Potter

A new Harry Potter movie came out this weekend. We haven’t quite had the chance to see it yet because we’ve been busy, you know, enjoying Harvard-Yale, but now that our school has lost, it might be best if we all just head over to Somerville Theater and get lost in the magical world of Harry Potter all over again.

Don’t worry, Harvard. Things will get better!

CollegeOn CampusStudent LifeFootballFlyby BlogFlyby Front FeatureHarvard Yale Preview