2/1 - 2/19: A Vacuum Cleaner Assault

•

HUPD has their hands full with us Harvard students over the past few weeks. Between getting locked out of our rooms, our frequent late-night debauchery, and our pleas to spare us from the prying eyes of tourists, it seems that a lot's been going on around campus.As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

February 1, 2014
Officers dispatched to a report of loud music. Officers arrived and instructed the occupant of apartment 613 to turn the music down and shut the window.
But, why weren’t we invited?

Officer dispatched to take a report of a stolen unattended grey iPod Nano valued at $300
That’s an Expensive Nano, what is this 1999?

February 2, 2014
Officer dispatched to a report that the door of the washing machine was taken off the machine but left in the area. Operations put up an out of order sign. It is unknown at this time how exactly the damage occurred.
HULK SMASH

Officers dispatched to take a report of an individual yelling obscenities in the area. Officers arrived and report the individual was horsing around with their friend.
It’s all fun and games until someone calls HUPD…

February 3, 2014
Officers dispatched to a report of an alarm sounding in a building. The reporting individual informed the officers that the alarm was silenced but there was unattended property left outside the building. Officers report the property was a paper plate and coffee cup.
Like Widener and Harvard Art Museums, this is no place to snack.

Officers dispatched to take a report of an assault. Officers were advised that two individuals were involved in a verbal altercation. One of the individuals reportedly pushed a vacuum into the other individual's foot. Officers report management was notified of the incident.
And you thought your cleaning rotation was bad…

February 13, 2014
Officer dispatched to take a report of a damaged window. Officer was advised that the window was damaged by snow from a plow truck. Officer reports management was notified to fix the window.
Giving literal meaning to “plowing through.”

February 15, 2014
Officer dispatched to a report of an overcrowded shuttle bus that more individuals were attempting to board. Officer reports the shuttle bus was gone on arrival.
THE PARTY BUS IS BACK!

February 19, 2014
Officers dispatched to assist Cambridge Fire and Police with blocking off the street due to man hole covers that were smoking.
Fire in the Hole!

CrimeFlyby BlogSecuritasFlyby Campus