Barry Rosenblum is Leading the Charge at Green Tea Studios

Barry Rosenblum, has cultivated an environment that not only caters to established artists but also fosters the growth and development of up-and-coming talent.
Barry Rosenblum, has cultivated an environment that not only caters to established artists but also fosters the growth and development of up-and-coming talent. By Courtesy of Barry Rosenblum
By Ryan S. Kim, Crimson Staff Writer

At the heart of the underground Los Angeles music scene lies Green Tea Studios, a premier recording studio based out of Santa Monica known for attracting rising artists. The CEO behind the studio’s success, Barry Rosenblum, has cultivated an environment that not only caters to established artists but also fosters the growth and development of up-and-coming talent.

From a young age, Rosenblum had a passion for music that would eventually lay the foundation for his career. He was a drummer in his teens and had a brief career as a rapper under the name Ursa The Chef. This early immersion in music drove him to open Green Tea Studios with his business partner Yoni Greentea, where he could combine his love for the craft with his entrepreneurial spirit.

Green Tea Studios prides itself on providing state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for its clients. However, it is Rosenblum's leadership and commitment to nurturing new talent that sets the studio apart from others. One of the ways that he fosters this environment is by hosting an open mic event called “Tea Time.” The event is an offshoot of “Sunday Sounds,” Green Tea Studios’s monthly concert series that features rising talent. “It’s an open mic,” he said. “For the first one we basically did first come first serve which was a mistake, and the line was absolutely nuts.” Rosenblum explained that the open-mic event aims to create a platform for fresh talent.

Rosenblum explains that his studio's success is also due to the variety of talent that comes through its doors, including both well-known and rising stars. “There were some really talented ones and then there are ones that are still sort of forming their sound, but they deserved their shine, too,” he said. Green Tea Studio’s inclusive atmosphere creates a diverse and vibrant music community that thrives under Rosenblum's leadership.

Apart from hosting open mic events and working directly with new artists, Rosenblum also seeks to grow the local music community by offering lessons in audio engineering. Green Tea Studios provides lessons at $70 an hour, giving aspiring sound engineers the opportunity to learn from professionals in the field. This educational component further demonstrates Rosenblum's commitment to fostering growth and development in the industry.

Under Rosenblum’s leadership, Green Tea Studios has become more than just a place for musicians to record their music. It has evolved into a hub for creativity and growth, where artists can receive the support and guidance they need to succeed in the competitive world of music. As the owner of the studio, Rosenblum is responsible for fostering this environment, and his passion for music is evident in every aspect of the studio's operations.

Rosenblum’s leadership at Green Tea Studios has been instrumental in its success as a premier recording facility in Los Angeles. More important than founding a successful music studio, Rosenblum has created a welcoming environment for artists to record and collaborate, saying, “I truly believe in the power of music to change lives.”

—Staff writer Ryan S. Kim can be reached at ryan.kim@thecrimson.com.

ArtsCulture