Cooke and Hirabayashi Failed To Meet Campaign Promises. To Students, It Reflects Broader Issues.

Judge Rules Against Theo Harper ’25 in Harvard IRC Lawsuit Following Removal Over ‘Stress Test’

‘Out of the Blue’: Students and Counselors Share Mixed Reactions to Harvard’s Return to Test-Required Policy

Chip City Cookies Set To Sweeten up Harvard Square in July

Harvard College Dean Khurana Defends PSC Suspension, Rejects Accusations of Bias

Harvard Law School Student Jeremy Hendley Dies at 35

By Ryan H. Doan-Nguyen and John N. Peña, Crimson Staff Writers

If you or someone you know needs help at Harvard, contact Counseling and Mental Health Services at (617) 495-2042 or the Harvard University Police Department at (617) 495-1212. Several peer counseling groups offer confidential peer conversations. Learn more here.

You can contact a University Chaplain to speak one-on-one at chaplains@harvard.edu or here.

You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988 or text the Crisis Text Line at 741741.

Jeremy C. Hendley, a first-year student at Harvard Law School, has died by suicide, according to an announcement by the school on Sunday. He was 35.

His death marks at least the third student suicide in five years at Harvard Law School.

“No words can convey the depth of this loss to his family and friends,” Harvard Law School Dean John F. Manning ’82 wrote in an announcement sent to HLS affiliates Sunday morning. “It feels especially important, in this sad time, for all of us to care for and support one another.”

Manning wrote that Hendley’s wife, Alma Aracely, asked the school to disclose that his death was a suicide.

The Law School is working to provide “opportunities to gather in remembrance and mutual support in the days ahead,” Manning wrote.

Hendley graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2015 and was an employee of the Chickasaw Nation for more than 16 years, according to his LinkedIn profile.

“We will soon come together as a community to remember Jeremy and celebrate his life,” Manning wrote.

— Staff writer Ryan H. Doan-Nguyen can be reached at ryan.doannguyen@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @ryandoannguyen.

— Staff writer John N. Peña can be reached at john.pena@thecrimson.com.

Harvard Law SchoolFront Middle Feature