Visual Story: Here’s What Happened This Week A Year Ago, In Animations

By Crimson Design Staff
By Tyler N. Nilson

Over the course of this week a year ago, life on Harvard’s campus drastically changed. Here’s a look back — in animation form — at what each day that week had in store for Harvard students.

March 10: In response to the growing coronavirus outbreak, University President Lawrence S. Bacow announces in an email on the morning of March 10 that Harvard will switch all courses to remote instruction. Students are also asked to not return to campus after spring break.

By Tyler N. Nilson

March 11: Harvard provides students with move-out resources, and boxes are delivered to campus. Students have the option to ship items home or to store items through Olympia Moving and Storage.

March 12: Housing Day — originally slated for March 12 — is indefinitely postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak. The annual tradition does not occur until April 10, when housing assignments are delivered to freshmen through Zoom.

March 13: In a University-wide email, Bacow announces that the first Harvard affiliate has tested ‘presumptive positive’ for the coronavirus. This Harvard affiliate is one of two individuals who received coronavirus tests.

March 14/15: The majority of students vacate campus by 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 15. A few remaining students are approved by the College to stay until May 17, the end of spring finals period.

Descriptions by Yuen Ting Chow and Meera S. Nair

CollegeStudent LifeCollege LifeCollege News