‘Loses the Magic’: Cabot Students Frustrated at Decrease in N+1 Housing

Coronell to Lead The Crimson’s 149th Guard

Raquel Coronell Uribe '23 will serve as The Crimson's next President.
Raquel Coronell Uribe '23 will serve as The Crimson's next President. By Aiyana G. White

Raquel Coronell Uribe ’23 will lead The Harvard Crimson’s 149th Guard, becoming the paper’s first Latinx president in its 148-year history, the organization announced Sunday.

Coronell, a History and Literature concentrator hailing from Miami, currently covers the Police Accountability beat and serves as a social media manager for The Crimson, as well as an editor for its daily email newsletters. As a reporter, she has chronicled the search for and arrival of a new University police chief, as well as the department’s efforts to reform after a tumultuous year in 2020.

A resident of Dunster House, Coronell also currently heads The Crimson’s internal Latinx affinity group, an initiative launched by its Diversity and Inclusivity committee. She will begin her term as president on Jan. 1, 2022.

“The 149th Guard is an incredibly impressive group of leaders who are more than ready and qualified to tackle the challenges The Crimson will face in the coming year,” Crimson President Amanda Y. Su ’22 said of the new guard. “With our staff finally back home in our building on 14 Plympton Street, I’m excited to see where the next President, Managing Editor, and Business Manager take the organization in 2022.”

Jasper G. Goodman '23 will serve as The Crimson's next Managing Editor.
Jasper G. Goodman '23 will serve as The Crimson's next Managing Editor. By Aiyana G. White

News and sports reporter Jasper G. Goodman ’23 will lead the paper’s coverage as its Managing Editor in 2022, directing The Crimson’s daily newspaper, magazine, arts, and sports sections, as well as its blog.

Goodman, a Government concentrator from Waterbury Center, Vt., currently covers Harvard’s Central Administration and trains incoming sports writers. In April, he uncovered that concerns over the governance, performance, and leadership of Harvard’s revered Institute of Politics had led to the departure of many of its leaders. He also covers the men’s ice hockey beat for the sports section.

Goodman, a Quincy House resident, also serves on The Crimson’s Diversity and Inclusivity committee and edits daily email newsletters.

Amy X. Zhou ’23 will serve as The Crimson's next Business Manager.
Amy X. Zhou ’23 will serve as The Crimson's next Business Manager. By Aiyana G. White

Cabot House resident Amy X. Zhou ’23, a Computer Science and Government joint concentrator and native of Fishkill, N.Y., will serve as The Crimson’s next Business Manager after completing a year leading its Marketing department. In that role, she worked to institutionalize the paper’s guidelines around sponsored content, a major area of growth for the business. She also worked to expand the use of analytics to improve product strategy.

Founded in 1873, The Crimson is the student newspaper of Harvard University. It is the oldest continuously published daily college newspaper in the United States and the only breakfast-table daily in Cambridge. The paper is proud to provide news and analysis to a wide range of Harvard affiliates, Cambridge residents, and readers across the nation.

The Crimson selects its leaders through an election called the Turkey Shoot, a process in which all outgoing members of the masthead may participate. A candidate for a senior leadership position must receive at least 75 percent of the vote to be elected.

Joining Coronell, Goodman, and Zhou on the masthead are:

Kelsey J. Griffin ’23, Associate Managing Editor

Taylor C. Peterman ’23, Associate Managing Editor

Business

Taia M. Y. Cheng ’23, Associate Business Manager

Isabelle L. Guillaume ’24, Associate Business Manager

Editorial

Guillermo S. Hava ’23, Editorial Chair

Orlee G.S. Marini-Rapoport ’23, Editorial Chair

Arts

Sofia Andrade ’23, Arts Chair

Jaden S. Thompson ’23, Arts Chair

Blog

Ellen S. Deng ’23, Blog Chair

Janani Sekar ’23, Blog Chair

Design

Yuen Ting Chow ’23, Design Chair

Madison A. Shirazi ’23, Design Chair

Magazine

Maliya V. Ellis ’23, Magazine Chair

Sophia S. Liang ’23, Magazine Chair

Multimedia

Aiyana G. White ’23, Multimedia Chair

Pei Chao Zhuo ’23, Multimedia Chair

Sports

Alexandra N. Wilson ’23, Sports Chair

Griffin H. Wong ’24, Sports Chair

Technology

Ziyong Cui ’24, Technology Chair

Justin Y. Ye ’24, Technology Chair

On CampusStudent GroupsStudent PublicationsCambridgeThe Harvard CrimsonNews Front FeatureFront Photo FeatureFront Middle FeatureFeatured Articles