Harvard Law Faculty Letter Calls for Protection of Speech From Administrative Action

Gov. Tutor Board Set

briefs

By Jeffrey N. Gell

The Government Department has named its 1995-96 Board of Tutors, according to a newsletter sent to concentrators earlier this month.

Assistant Professor of Government Matthew J. Dickinson will chair the board.

Other members include Associate Professor of Government Louise M. Richardson, who is the department's head tutor, Associate Professor of Government Peter Berkowitz, Assistant Professor of Government Christopher Gelpi, Assistant Professor of Government Joel Hellman and Assistant Professor of Government and Social Studies Bradley I. Palmquist.

The faculty members on the board include specialists in American government, political theory, international relations, comparative government and the methodology of political science.

The Board of Tutors meets monthly to respond to student concerns about the department, administer the oral examinations required of some concentrators and judge the petitions of government concentrators who wish to pursue joint concentrations according to the departmental newsletter.